Easy Almond Milk Recipe In 3 Minutes or Less
Easy Almond Milk
- gluten free
- 1/2 cup of almonds, soaked or unsoaked (see below)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 dates (or more for sweeter milk)
- 1Place almonds, water and dates into a blender
- 2Blend on "high" for 1 minute
- 3Pour into glasses and serve (or use in any way you would normally use milk)
- You can add vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate or banana for some flavoured milk
- To make the milk cold and frosty, add a few cubes of ice while blending
- Other healthy(ish) sweeteners that work are coconut palm sugar and rapadura, but I found that adding honey alters the taste, so I would not recommend it
©Tatyana Deniz | https://tatyanadeniz.com/almond-milk-recipe/
Do I Have To Soak Almonds?
In short, no. Soaked almonds are easier to digest and taste sweeter. I prefer to pre-soak almonds, when I am organised enough to do it. However, unsoaked almonds are still very nutritious and are perfectly suitable for eating.
I have written a detailed article on why we should (and sometimes should not) soak nuts.
Almond Milk Benefits
Almonds (and almond milk) are one of the most alkaline-forming nuts. Many of the foods we eat, especially cooked foods, create acidic conditions in our bodies (here is an article on why that is not optimal). Eating almonds helps restore the pH balance in the body.
Almonds are also super-super rich in nutrients! Some of the nutrients are:
- minerals, such as calcium, magnesium and manganese
- antioxidants that protect our cells from damage
- healthy fats (monounsaturated)
- vitamin E
Almonds are a low-carb food, but high in fibre and protein. This makes a handful of almonds or a glass of almond milk a good snack for a calorie-conscious person.
Want to draw your own kawaii?
That's exactly how I felt, when I started. I was tired of copying other people's drawings... I wanted to create my own!
After I mastered the art and science of drawing professional kawaii, I created a structured step-by-step course that teaches exactly that. Click the button below to read my story and find out more.