Today we will draw kawaii clouds and four different kawaii weather faces, like the ones you above.
Let’s start with a quick video tutorial that will show you exactly the process I use to create a drawing like this. After the video you will find the step-by-step tutorial and a printable PDF with this tutorial.
And if you are really interested, keep reading to find drawing tips, materials, and gallery of DIY & craft project ideas.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial. I used thin marker pens and watercolour pencils to create this drawing (full list of materials later in the post), but you can use any materials you like! It will still work. 🙂
If you want to save this tutorial for later, use the red “Pin It” button to save it to Pinterest, or download a printable PDF. I hope you enjoy drawing these cuties.
Please enjoy it for personal use, and remember give me credit and link back to this post if you share it with others.
- Sketch lightly in pencil first. Then erase the pencil lines before adding the final outlines and colours. This way you won’t see the pencil lines in your finished artwork.
- Notice how I left some white space around the edges (between the blue outline and the light-blue fill). This makes the clouds look round and puffy.
- You can play around with the shapes of the clouds. They never stay the same anyway. This is a good opportunity to practice sketching without a huge concern for accuracy.
- Experiment with different faces and expressions. Clouds are fun and loose. They can take on many kinds of personality.
- Use these simple and easy designs in your DIY and craft projects. I’ll include a few ideas below.
Materials I Used
- Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils
- Sun Yellow 0200
- Poppy Red 0400
- Iris Blue 0900
- Bristol vellum surface paper
- Double sided marker pens from Muji shop
- Copic Multiliner black pen, 0.7mm
- Pencil, eraser and brush (to activate the watercolor pencils)
My Inspiration for This Drawing
March is the time of changing seasons and stormy weather. This time of transitions can be difficult… So I wanted to create a fun way to observe the seasons and embrace different kinds of weather.
This is a great project to draw with kids to help them increase awareness of the outside world. Or something add it to your journal to take note of the weather on that day.
DIY and Craft Project Ideas
Here are a few ideas (from the internet) for easy and fun ways to use kawaii clouds in your DIY projects.
Share the Love
Join our gorgeous kawaii drawing community. 🙂
Also, please share this tutorial with your friends using the buttons below. Let’s create together! ♥