Let’s draw a cute Laika dog with this easy step-by-step tutorial.
Click here to download a FREE printable PDF of this tutorial.
Please enjoy it for personal use, and please give me credit and link back to this post if you share it with others.
Drawing & Colouring Tips
- Notice that the head is bigger than the body, for that really cute kawaii look
- Before you start to colour, select your colours and test them on a piece of scrap paper to make sure the colours work together.
- If you are not sure what colours to use, look at a reference image. You can’t possibly “just know” what everything in the world looks like. Good artist know… great artists look it up!
- Colour the light areas first, then add darks. This way if you go outside the lines with the lights, you can just cover it up with the darks. Makes things faster, hehe.
- When colouring with Copics markers, I like to use circular motion so you can’t see the streaks. I don’t know if it’s “the right” way to use alcohol-based markers, but that really works for me.
- I like to get the full strength of colour in the first pass, so I go over and over the area many times to achieve a smooth and even tone. I find this to be better than returning for second or third layer…
What are some of your favourite Copic colouring tips?
Leave a comment below to share your tips. 🙂
Materials I Used
- Copic Markers
- Caribe Cocoa E25
- Light Suntan E13
- Africano E27
- Baby Skin Pink E21
- Cool Gray C2
- Cool Gray C4
- Neutral Gray N6
- Copic Multiliner pen, black, 0.5mm
- X-Press It blending card (paper)
- Faber-Castell Dust Free Eraser
- Tombow Mono Zero eraser
Here are a few drawings of this kawaii dog from our drawing community on Facebook. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
If you would like your work to be featured, please post your drawings in our private Facebook group. Or Instagram @tatyanadeniz or #tatyanadeniz so I can find you.
Click any image below to zoom
Share the Love
If you like this tutorial, please share it with your friends using the buttons below. 🙂 It’s so much fun to create together! ♥
This is sooo cute!!
Thank you for your comment, Winter! I am glad you like this tutorial. 🙂
is the breed a chiwawa
Very close! This dog breed is Laika – it’s a hunting dog from Siberia. 🙂 It was the first dog to go to space!!
so freaking cute also plz can you draw unicorn🥺🥺🥺
Yes!! Here is the Unicorn tutorial 🙂 https://tatyanadeniz.com/kawaii-unicorn/
thanks but I think pdf would be better but thanks for the dog!
Yeah, for sure. 🙂
where do you get your supplies for drawing
I get most of my supplies on Amazon. 🙂 And local art shops. What supplies are you looking for specifically?
thanks so cutee
Thank you! 🙂
[…] Kawaii Dog […]