Kawaii Cat Step-by-step Drawing Tutorial
Today we’ll draw a kawaii cat with this step-by-step drawing tutorial.
I will also include a printable PDF below, some drawing tips and a list of materials. I hope you like it! 🙂
Please enjoy it for personal use, and please give me credit and link back to this post if you share it with others.
- Make the head of the kitty big. Bigger than you think! If you look at step 1, the head is nearly twice as wide as the body. And it’s taller than the body too.
- I’ve included a middle line as a guide, to show the symmetry within the drawing. You don’t have to draw it, but I find that it really helps. I almost always do that. This is exactly the process I use to create my kawaii drawings.
- I added a shadow at the bottom to “ground” the drawing. To make the kitty look like she is standing on the ground, and not just floating in the white space of the paper. This is a good trick for many drawings. It makes your drawing look professional and comfortable to look at.
- This type of body can be used for many other kawaii animals. After you do the step 1, you can add different ears and faces to easily turn it into a bunny or bear or fox. For example, I made a kawaii dog using the same body shape.
More Kawaii Animals Tutorials
I have a few other drawing tutorials on how to draw kawaii animals. I’ll link them below, so you can easily jump to them.
Materials I Used
- Copic Markers
- B95 Light Grayish Cobalt
- B23 Phthalo Blue
- B99 Agate
- E01 Pink Flamingo
- R32 Peach
- C0 Cool Gray
- C 2 Cool Gray
- C4 Cool Gray
- Copic Multiliner pen, black, 0.5mm
- X-Press It blending card (paper)
- Faber-Castell Dust Free Eraser
- Tombow Mono Zero eraser
I would like to share a few drawings from our insanely active drawing community. Thank you so much for sharing, everyone!
If you would like your work featured here, there are two ways for me to find you:
- Join our private Facebook group and share your drawing of this tutorial
- Share on Instagram and tag me @tatyanadeniz or #tatyanadeniz
Share the Love
If you like this tutorial, please share it with your friends using the buttons below. 🙂 Let’s create together! ♥