Let’s draw a cute flower today with this step-by-step tutorial:
My inspiration for this drawing was to create an illustration for Valentine’s Day.
I wanted to create something simple, but something that projected love, romance, and positive vibes.
It’s my way of saying “Thank You” to you for drawing and creating with me. For being brave and sharing your drawings in our Facebook group, and inspiring me every day to keep going.
This kawaii flower is sending you a hug. Can you feel it? 🙂
Click here to download a FREE printable PDF of this tutorial.
Please enjoy it for personal use, and please give credit and link back to this post if you share it with others.
- This drawing is based on a circle shape, but the circle is slightly squished down to make the flower cuter (see step 1).
- Divide the top part of the circle roughly into thirds to create the petals.
- I’ve added a few pencil guidelines, so you can see the structure and the big shapes within this drawing. But you don’t need to draw them, if you don’t want to. Since you know what big makes up this drawing, you will be able to draw it accurately.
Materials I Used
- Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils
- Sun Yellow 0200
- Poppy Red 0400
- Mauve 0740
- Apple Green 1400
- Felt Green 1530
- Copic Multiliner pen, black, 0.5mm
- Uni-ball Signo, broad white pen (for the highlights)
- Mechanical pencil
- Faber-Castell Dust Free Eraser
- Tombow Mono Zero eraser
- Brush and water jar
- Strathmore Bristol paper pad
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this tutorial, please share it with your friends using the buttons below.
The more people draw together, the more we inspire each other.
Lot’s of love,